1. You have total control on your personal information. 2. We don't share them unless necessary for the service. 3. You can find the list sub-processors below (all GDPR compliant). 4. If you have any questions, ask email@example.com.
Your privacy is critically important to us. At tokenchannel.io, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information on your website is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted.
- We help protect you from overreaching government demands for your personal information.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
This document describes our privacy practices as well as your choices regarding use, access and correction of personal data.
What do we collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so, for example to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better. We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
- Basic account information (ex: screenname, email, password) are required to operate your service and allow you to log in. If you register using and OAuth provider (Google) the screenname and email are imported and the password is not required.
- Billing information (ex: company, address) are only collected at your initiative to process payments and provide invoices addressed to you. If you subscribe to a TokenChannel BUSINESS plan or if you plan to fill your account balance, you will be required to provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, vat number and location. This information is,either collected by our payment service provider, or immediately sent to our payment service provider.
- Communications With Us You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys or communicate with our team about a support question.
Information We Collect Automatically
- Log Information like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system.
- Usage Information we collect information about your usage of our services. In order to properly limit or bill the usage.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also get information about you from other sources. For example, if you create an account through another service (like Google) we will receive information from that service (such as your username, basic profile information) via the authorization procedures used by that service. The information we receive depends on which services you authorize and any options that are available.
As part of Our services, We sometimes receive information from wireless carriers and operators in order to provision the specific content and data services requested by individual users. All such information is acquired from either the wireless carrier’s or operator’s website or from the user’s mobile device via the wireless carrier’s or operator’s network. This data is usually limited to the user’s cell phone number. In some cases, We may receive authentication information directly from mobile users, including in the form of a one time token (OTP) previously sent to a mobile user.
How and Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services–for example, to set up and maintain your account, process your api requests, charge you for any of our paid Services;
- To further develop and improve our Services–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them to create and manage their account more efficiently;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition--for example, we may analyze how many individuals purchased a paid plan after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use our Services after a certain length of time;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of TokenChannel and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by TokenChannel.io and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on TokenChannel and our products (which you can unsubscribe from at any time).
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy: Here are the information we share and why:
- Employees and Contractors may gain access to some information about you in order to help provide our service. For example if we need to assist you with something or if we're investigating an issue on your account.
- Third Party Vendors may gain access to some information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to you. Like payment providers that process your credit card information; sms, voice call and email delivery services. These vendors are listed in in the "List of data sub-processors" section below.
- Legal Requests may force us to disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others we may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of TokenChannel.io, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent we may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our service.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it--which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information--and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect your information against unauthorized access or alteration, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as keeping software up-to-date, restricting access to internal services and using state-of-the-art authentication and encryption methods.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Services–for example, paid plans–may not be accessible.
- Opt-Out of Marketing Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us. Just follow the instructions in those communications or let us know. If you opt out of promotional communications, we may still send you other communications, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: With the drawback that certain features of our Services may not function properly.
- Close Your Account: While we’d be very sad to see you go, if you no longer want to use our Services, you can close your account. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Long We Keep Information above--for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to How to Reach Us to, well, find out how to reach us. Remember that EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
Other Things You Should Be Aware of
Analytics service Provided by Others
List of data processors
TokenChannel.io uses the following products/services (which are all GDPR compliant):
|Third Party Service/ Vendor||Purpose||Website|
|Digital Ocean||Data hosting||https://www.digitalocean.com/legal/gdpr/|
|Google Inc.||Google Cloud Platform||https://cloud.google.com/security/compliance/gdpr/|
|Stripe||Billing and invoicing||https://stripe.com/en-es/guides/general-data-protection-regulation|
|Twilio||Email (Sendgrid) and SMS notifications||https://www.twilio.com/gdpr|
Children's online privacy protection
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information about children under the age of 18. Persons under the age of 18 may not use TokenChannel. If we become aware that a child under the age of 18 has sent Personal Information to us with or without prior parental consent, we will immediately remove her or his Personal Information from our files.
How to Reach Us
Jan 13, 2020: Initial version